Zovu.global (“Zovu”/ “we”/ “us”/ “our”/ “the Website”) are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We comply with the UK General Data Protection Regulation (“UK GDPR”). We also follow all national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation as amended or updated from time to time in the UK, and any successor legislation to the UK GDPR and Data Protection Legislation. We are the data controller of data you pass to us pursuant to this policy. With this policy, we ensure that we gather, store and handle data fairly, transparently and with respect towards individual rights.
This policy refers to all parties who provide any amount of information to us. All Website users must follow this policy.
What information do we hold?
You may give us information about you by completing forms available on the Website. This information includes any offline or online data that makes a person identifiable such as names, addresses, usernames and passwords, digital footprints, photographs, social security numbers, financial data etc.
Zovu collects information in a transparent way and only with the full cooperation and knowledge of interested parties. Once this information is available to us, the following rules apply:
Our data will be:
– Accurate and kept up to date.
– Collected fairly and for lawful purposes only.
– Processed by the company within its legal and moral boundaries.
– Protected against any unauthorised or illegal access by internal or external parties.
Our data will not be:
– Communicated informally.
– Stored for more than 3 years from last contact with Zovu. After 3 years, we will reach out, after 1 week your profile will be removed.
– Transferred to organisations, states or countries that do not have adequate data protection policies.
– Distributed to any party other than the ones agreed upon by the data’s owner (exempting legitimate requests from law enforcement authorities).
In addition to ways of handling the data, Zovu has direct obligations towards people to whom the data belongs. Specifically, we must:
– Let users know which data is collected.
– Inform users about how we’ll process their data.
– Inform users about who has access to their information.
– Have provisions in cases of lost, corrupted or compromised data.
– Not pass on user data to third parties other than the ones agreed up by the data’s owner.
– Allow users to request that we modify, erase, reduce or correct data contained in our databases.
To exercise data protection, we’re committed to:
– Restrict and monitor access to sensitive data.
– Develop transparent data collection procedures.
– Train employees in online privacy and security measures.
– Build secure networks to protect online data from cyberattacks.
– Establish clear procedures for reporting privacy breaches or data misuse.
– Include contract clauses or communicate statements on how we handle data.
– Establish data protection practices (document shredding, secure locks, data encryption, frequent backups, access authorisation etc.).
How we use Information
We may use the information we receive to:
– Create user profiles.
– Create profiles for Civil Society Initiatives.
– Allow users to contact Initiatives via a safe contact form (no personal information available on the form).
– Allow users to donate to Initiatives (please refer to the Terms and Conditions).
– Send newsletters and marketing information if you have consented to us doing so.
– Monitor website usage and provide statistics to third parties for the purposes of improving and developing the Website and the services we provide via the Website.
– Determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns.
– Enhance the Website and carry out analysis of user interactions.
– Identify and prevent fraud.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time. If you would like to withdraw your consent, please let us know by contacting us via [email protected]. Please understand that if you remove your profile information, this may affect our ability to carry out tasks for your benefit. If you do wish to have your information removed, we will take steps to ensure that this information is deleted as soon as reasonably possible.
We will not share, sell, or distribute any of the information you provide to us (other than as set out in this policy) without your prior consent, unless required to do so by law.
All principles described in this policy must be strictly followed. A breach of data protection guidelines will possibly invoke legal action.
Further reading: Data Protection Act of 1998 (UK).
Last Updated: October 24, 2023